What is a Roadworthy Vehicle?
Before transferring or re-registering a used vehicle, VicRoads requires it to be certified as roadworthy. Pro Truck Services is a VicRoads accredited licensed vehicle tester of both heavy and light vehicles.
What do I need to do?
To get a roadworthy certificate:
- Book your vehicle in for a roadworthy inspection by giving us a call, sending us an email via our contact page or talking to us in person.
- Bring your truck, trailer or car in for the inspection along with your drivers licence. A licensed vehicle tester will assess your vehicle.
- If the vehicle passes the inspection a roadworthy certificate will be issued.
- If the vehicle fails the first inspection, we will provide you with a list of items that will need to be rectified before a certificate can be issued.
- Make a booking for a re-inspection.
- If the repairs are satisfactory, a roadworthy certificate will be issued.
- A roadworthy certificate is valid for 30 days after issue.
Contact us to organise a booking today. For more information on obtaining a roadworthy certificate, visit VicRoads.